Saturday, May 24, 2014

Quarterly Stock Inventory and Inspection

Today I had the time to take my cigars out of my humidors and inspect them for mold, bugs, or any other things that may need my attention.  Fortunately enough I had no issues.  I keep my cigars stored in three desktop humidors.  I keep the temperature anywhere from 65-72 in temperature and 65-70 percent humidity.  I only use Boveda Humidification Bags.  In the winter months I use the 69 percent bags and in the summer months I use the 65 percent bags.  I have found that these regulate the humidity perfectly.  I have also never had any mold or cracking when using Boveda.

I also take this time to make sure my hygrometer is working properly as well.  I do the salt test for 10 hours.  After the salt test I calibrate the humidity according to the results of the test.  For instructions on the salt test see Cigars International Salt Test for more information.

Enjoy your Holiday Weekend Everyone!

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

No comments:

Post a Comment