Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic

This 7 X 48 cigar is has a light brown wrapper and is a perfecto shape, meaning it has a tapered end.  The Fuente Hemingway classic is one of my favorite cigars and I have never had a bad one.  They're always consistent in their quality and flavor.  This cigar started out with a large pepper blast adding in a mild cedar taste that had syrup like sweetness to it.  It was mild to medium in body and the flavor stayed long into the finish.  The cigar has an even burn line and is burning very slow.
I've had this sample in my humidor for about a year and it shows, the smoke is very smooth and leaves a creamy texture/feel in my mouth.

The second third of the cigar keeps the same flavors of a slight pepper, cedar, and syrupy sweetness.  This cigar isn't know for its complexity but the flavors are extremely delightful.  The mild to medium body has gone up to a solid medium, and every draw produces lots of smoke and delicious but consistent flavors.  The burn line stays razor sharp and requires no attention.  The construction is flawless and really impressed me when I had to let the cigar sit for nearly five minutes when I took my dog outside for a bathroom break. I came back in thinking I would have to relight it, which stinks because in my experience relighting always means bad initial flavors and sometimes the cigar never recovers.  However, the cigar drew perfectly like I had been puffing away at it all along and never faltered all the way to the end!

The last third of the cigar added a earthy aftertaste and kept the pepper, cedar, and sweetness.  The construction stayed perfect and did not get to warm until the final inch and a half where I set it down for the last time.

Construction: Perfect
Burn time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Flavor: Consistent but tasty
Over all score from 1-100......

92




No comments:

Post a Comment