Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pinar Del Rio Flores Y Rodriguez Habana in Magicos

Tonight we have the Pinar Del Rio Flores Y Rodriguez Habana in Magicos.  This cigar has a light brown wrapper with minimal veins and seems.  The cigar measures in at 5 X 50.  At first light a semi-tight draw has smoke output at a low level.  It takes around two puffs to get good smoke output.  On the draw there is a wood note with some black pepper flavor and zing.  The pepper is rather intense.  On the finish there black pepper flavor and zing and a nice roasted coffee note.  The pepper overtakes the roasted coffee and that’s the flavor you are left with until the next draw.  The body is at a medium and the burn is slightly wavy.

An inch and a half  down and I had to relight the cigar.  It appears to be tunneling.  After re-lighting there is a bitter chard tobacco and pepper on the draw and finish.  It completely overwhelms my palate and makes my mouth taste and feel like an ashtray.  I decided to let the cigar settle down for a while before I took any more draws.

After about three minutes of rest I took another puff and the cigar seems to be preforming normally again.  Its still taking a double puff to produce good smoke out put.  On the draw the wood and pepper remain.  The finish is the black pepper flavor and some leather.  The chard tobacco comes In near the end of the finish.  Its still very bitter and tastes nasty. After a couple more draws the bitter chard tobacco and pepper zing started to be the only flavor I was getting.  I decided to be finished at the 30 minute mark.

I have smoked several of these particular cigars.  I like them when the preform properly.  I have had burn issues with everyone that I have had.  This is the first one that required a relight.  This particular cigar has been sitting in my humidor for around 6 months. Storage is not this issue with this cigar. I don’t believe I will be buying or smoking any more of them.


Price: $5.25

Overall Score: N/A

Recommendation: Don’t smoke them! Waste of time!

  






No comments:

Post a Comment