Monday, September 29, 2014

Tatuaje Cojonu 2012 Sumatra

Today we have the Tatujae Cojonu 2012 Sumatra. This light brown box press cigar has a few visible seems and invisible veins.  It comes in at 6 1/2 X52.  After lighting a creamy smooth cedar is the first note on the draw. The finish is the same cedar and some black pepper flavor and zing. The cigar is unbelievably smooth. I am smoking this cigar in celebration of my birthday. I have had this cigar aging in my humidor on my top shelf for just over two years. I think the extra aging time has really smoothed out this cigar and I am excited for what is to come. The flavors remained untouched during the first inch.  The burn line is perfect and the draw is excellent.

One inch in and the cigar starts to come alive. The creamy cedar is still on the draw.  The black pepper flavor and zing have almost completely dropped off. The finish takes on a sweet coco and coffee note , It's very delicious and stays on my palate into th next draw. The body has settled in at a medium. A few more puffs and a nice tangy leather and citrus come in after the coco and coffee.  The leather and citrus do not last long but are a interesting complement. The burn and draw remain excellent.

Two and a half inches remain and the flavors have stayed the same all the way through the cigar.  Now the only difference is the pepper has come up slightly in the draw and finish. The cigar is now starting to get warm and the flavors are becoming bitter. I sat the cigar down at the one hour and twenty five minute mark. Overall a good cigar that I wish would have been a little more complex.  However, the flavors were tasty and enjoyable.


Price: $12.00
Appearance: 93
Draw: 96
Burn: 95
Flavor: 93
Complexity: 88
Burn Time: 94

Overall Score: 93











































No comments:

Post a Comment